About bloody time too TM.......

Irrational behaviour and incomprehensible decisions 101 - this is the place. If they're really silly, you could win a chocolate fish.* (* Highly unlikely and they're only virtual chocolate fish)

CliveHill
Scambuster

About bloody time too TM.......

Post by CliveHill » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:27 am

Site Announcements
24 February - Cash and Money Orders
From the Wednesday 1st of March Trade Me will no longer accept cash or money orders as payment for your Trade Me account. Your best alternative payment methods are credit card online or internet banking payments.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/Site ... ments.aspx

Anyone without a bank account shouldn't need to be a member of an online trading site anyway.

How about blocking Credit Card #'s & reporting them to the relevent banks when TM are scammed by fraudulent use of Credit Cards? ESPECIALLY those Credit Cards that are issued OVERSEAS FFS! - Any bank can give you a list to cross ref the prefix #'s from.

Good move anyway TM. - Its only taken 3 years but,Well done for listening.

:wink:
Honesty and Integrity are always the best Policies !

rgtrading
Members
First Name: RG

Post by rgtrading » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:14 am

Indeed. Now all they need to do is get members to provide a current bank account upon joining - and block them like email addresses. Of course their will be couple who use the same bank account, and different tm accounts, and exceptions should be made.
www.royalgems.co.nz
Your New Zealand Online Jeweller

pagefile.sys
Members

Re: About bloody time too TM.......

Post by pagefile.sys » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:15 am

CliveHill wrote:Site Announcements
24 February - Cash and Money Orders
From the Wednesday 1st of March Trade Me will no longer accept cash or money orders as payment for your Trade Me account. Your best alternative payment methods are credit card online or internet banking payments.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/Site ... ments.aspx

Anyone without a bank account shouldn't need to be a member of an online trading site anyway.

How about blocking Credit Card #'s & reporting them to the relevent banks when TM are scammed by fraudulent use of Credit Cards? ESPECIALLY those Credit Cards that are issued OVERSEAS FFS! - Any bank can give you a list to cross ref the prefix #'s from.

Good move anyway TM. - Its only taken 3 years but,Well done for listening.

:wink:
Ah, so (as usual) TM finally take action when THEY ARE THE VICTIM OF A SCAMMER.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but under maritime convention (yes, I know that TM is not a shipping company, but the analogy is relevant) isn't it accepted that that captian of a sinking ship is the last person to leave the stricken ship?

Oh, wait (sorry, I was in temporarily in the real world), apparenty Captain Morgan is abandoning the ship .... and giving the big finger to his passangers.

But, wait, there's more..... surely Captain Morgan realises that scammers are using stolen CC's?

Totally off topic... but check this out......

After 3 CW's of a seller that copied my auction text (almost perfect word for word), I got totally f*cking annoyed, so I eamiled the (alledged) trust & safety addy. The response was... "Unfortunately, due to the large number of listings on the site, we are
unable to investigate whether listing details have been copied. While we
do not encourage it, we cannot prevent this from happening. "

But wait, my 3 attempts at CW'ing this gave precise directions to my auctions that was beng plagerised (sp?) and infringed my legal copyright.

And, yet, they claim that they have an "investigating unit". What a crock of sh*t.

So, Mr Scum Morgan - everyday that you ignore your customers..... it wipes another million off your (greedy) plans to retire into the sh*th*l* that awaits you.

..... Scum Morgan.... if you want to attain the riches that you crave..... you need to put your customers interests ahead of your blatent greed...... the ultimate irony is that if you put your customers ahead of your greed......... you WILL actually acheive the riches the you aspire to.

checkpal
Honorary Scambuster

Post by checkpal » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:30 pm

chinaqt
Members

Post by chinaqt » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:31 pm

strangely tongue tied there cp.

checkpal
Honorary Scambuster

Post by checkpal » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:40 pm

Yo China,

Got the avo. off and I'm thinking. Thinking that maybe I will post, Digi's thwacks aren't tooooo bad.

Then maybe I won't. :lol:

Cheers.

John M.

CliveHill
Scambuster

Yay....

Post by CliveHill » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:52 am

Honesty and Integrity are always the best Policies !

thejadegate
Members
First Name: john

Re: About bloody time too TM.......

Post by thejadegate » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:31 am

I cannot believe this thread.

No one in NZ is legally allowed to refuse a payment by legal tender(thats CASH for most of us).
This is covered in the reserve bank act.

It is also not nesecary to have or use a bank account if all you wsnt to do is buy.

Most of my purchases were made by cash deposit as i dont have a secure internet connection and ill be styffed if im gonna access my bank at an internet cafe.

The real problem is that it is ILLEGAL to mail cash so tm can refuse to give you thier account details(really stupid as one would still need them to deposit by internet banking or intetnet credit card trans) so you need to send a cheque.

Under the privacy act tm are not allowed to refuse you service if you dont need to provide your account details to make payments.
The information requested must be nesecary and lawful for the purposes requested.

You also cannot sign away your legislative rights in NZ.

Trademe would just ban you if you tried to argue knowing they would loose a IF you took them to court but court costs far too much for such a minor victory.