At last... a TM 0800 number!

Irrational behaviour and incomprehensible decisions 101 - this is the place. If they're really silly, you could win a chocolate fish.* (* Highly unlikely and they're only virtual chocolate fish)

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

At last... a TM 0800 number!

Post by digidog » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:11 am

TM's help pages have been updated to include a freephone number. It's
taken a while but well done TM.
If you paid over seven working days ago and haven't received the goods
please report it to us using the button below or if you prefer call us on

0800 334 332

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Help/Topic.aspx?help_id=179

spike_01
Members

Post by spike_01 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:07 pm

That and the ability to reply directly to emails is a good move..

SARS_O_o
Members

Post by SARS_O_o » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:58 pm

is this official? i have callid on my phone but any of the trademe calls doesnt display its number.

Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

An Interesting Thread

Post by Foggyone » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:28 pm

It raises some interesting things, and comments on the 0800 number

Why does Trademe Admin require a fixed line number

Trademe Admin have requested they phone me on a fixed line number, and not a cell phone, and have disabled many features of my account. ie bidding. Is this normal, what would they want a line number for?
I've been trading for a couple of years without a home ph, whats the deal?

---------------------------------
Well obviously they don't want to pay cell phone rates. As to the rest no idea sorry.

They told me they give the info to other traders when the trade is not completed, they just need to sign a subpena or something to say it's for a small claims court. They probably sell the info/data/stats to marketing companies. I'll be having a whole pile of c***s phoning the number I gave them trying to sell my mum crap...ah well...what can you do? Who knows?

Yes, TM do expect you to provide a landline number as a compulsory part of your contact details (whereas a cell phone number is extra and optional) and they have been known to do spot checks now and then to verify if you can be contacted via one.

They told me they give the info to other traders when the trade is not completed, they just need to sign a subpena or something to say it's for a small claims court. They probably sell the info/data/stats to marketing companies. I'll be having a whole pile of c***s phoning the number I gave them trying to sell my mum crap...ah well...what can you do? Who knows?

TM Do NOT sell your number.
Ring them on their 0800 number and they will confirm that

what 0800 number.i would like that

I don't have a fixed line, but I do have a VOIP and a SkypeIn number.
They seem to be ok since TM didn't reject them when I siged up...

I assume(d) it was a security feature to lessen the amount of scammers signing up.

If my assumption is correct, maybe TM need to revisit their requirements given the various wireless and adsl2 connections also cellphones available now.

It wasnt too long ago that to have an internet connection you needed a landline.

Maybe #1 get yourself AV'd

Re post 3- TM would not have mentioned small claims court as it is officially (and has been for years) the Disputes Tribunal ...just my 5cents worth.

what 0800 number.i would like that

Me too.

only topsellers get the 0800 number.. .and if you are not a topseller and phone it I understand they ask you to phone back on the 0900!

Because they are stuck in the 90s.

Heaps of people I know have no landline that is theirs, they just put in a friends or something to keep trademes obsession for obsolete technology happy.

Just get a free VOIP number, comes with most (if not all) naked DSL plans.
Their system isn't smart enough to distinguish VOIP #s from real landline #s.
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------

angryreturns
Members

Post by angryreturns » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:53 am

If you thretten to file a complaint with the ombudsman based on discrimination they will relent and tell you to put some numders in the field.

They know that they will loose against the ombudsman, all other arguments will fall on deaf ears.

Its been like that for years.

Angry

Posted for generall inf.

noscams
Members
First Name: dave

Re: At last... a TM 0800 number!

Post by noscams » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:48 am

"but any of the trademe calls doesnt display its number."my voip displays all numbers even unlisted ones,is so handy.No one can hide their phone number
EDIT i just got my first anon call on voip tonight.Is strange one because even my own telecom unlisted number shows.I refuse to answer anon calls.As son as Telescum offer bare adsl i will be dropping my telescum phone number

noscams
Members
First Name: dave

Post by noscams » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:49 am

There is also a 04 803 2698 phone number for tredme

checkpal
Honorary Scambuster

Post by checkpal » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:23 am

digidog wrote:TM's help pages have been updated to include a freephone number. It's
taken a while but well done TM.
If you paid over seven working days ago and haven't received the goods
please report it to us using the button below or if you prefer call us on

0800 334 332

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Help/Topic.aspx?help_id=179" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yo digi,

I see maugrim is back on TM with all priviliges!! Why don't you try the 0800# to enquire as to why then, are you still out in the cold? :smt005

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:01 am

The only "privilege" our core members lost was the ability to post to the message
boards, John. In retrospect that's not a bad thing.
;-)

marika3
Scambuster

Re:

Post by marika3 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:44 am

digidog wrote:The only "privilege" our core members lost was the ability to post to the message
;-)
Disagree. I miss the ability to talk to fellow crafters and collectors on TM MB, have to use other avenues. On other hand, I list and sell more on these other sites, which is not a bad thing. :))

But Foggyone's membership was completely disabled by TM, for helping people to avoid and fight scams. Which is highly unfair...
http://www.oneway.co.nz/member/marika3

checkpal
Honorary Scambuster

Re:

Post by checkpal » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:59 pm

digidog wrote:The only "privilege" our core members lost was the ability to post to the message
;-)
Wada u mean!!! I used to have a lot of fun on the MB! Mind you I wasn't dumped for my anti scamming views! I think I was dumped for having fun on the MB :smt005

Have to agree with Marika re Foggy. Is there not somthing we can collectively do to get him back trading? Even if Foggy doesn't want back, the blacklisting is still an injustice that really should be corrected.
MMMMMMMM maybe Checkpal should give some thought to this. :smt017 Ty Marika

Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

Post by Foggyone » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:12 pm

Foggy says.......

"Life goes on very nicely without TM, thanks very much. I see TM as having become a joyless corporation, but they have become efficient in stopping the overseas scammers.

Would I accept if they offered me my "privileges" back? Only if the offer came with no preconditions, and I see that as likely happening as the sun suddenly reversing it's course across the heavens!"

So fret not, gentle readers, for I feel no sense of loss.
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------

angry
Members

Post by angry » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:15 pm

Foggyone wrote:Foggy says.......

"Life goes on very nicely without TM, thanks very much. I see TM as having become a joyless corporation, but they have become efficient in stopping the overseas scammers.

Would I accept if they offered me my "privileges" back? Only if the offer came with no preconditions, and I see that as likely happening as the sun suddenly reversing it's course across the heavens!"

So fret not, gentle readers, for I feel no sense of loss.
I feel quiet confident that if you wish to ask evil doers dificult questions, or make life difficult for them on the stalin site, you will find a way. :grin:

reknor320
Members
First Name: Ian

Post by reknor320 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:29 am

This 0800 number is made an extremely difficult thing to find, and I find listing only a 0900 toll number throughout all other contact listing for a company, which is charging customers for a service, as very shifty. Also I can not see that they meet their legal obligation as a company trading in New Zealand, with the fact that they do not list how to pay with cash, which is the only legally recognized form of payment in NZ law. luckily from ringing their, number, which is now blocked from the white pages. I have found that they will accept payment, through a payment authority at any local post shop, directed to Trademe with your customer number as the reference. Furthermore I have attempted contacting them on the topic of meeting their legal obligation, and have not received any reply.

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi Ian, I'm glad to hear that you found the 0800 number handy. It is pretty poor that the only way most people can ask TM questions is by paying them a per minute charge for the privilege. There is their online form but you need to be a logged in and a member to use that, they take days to answer, and often the people manning that system find it easier to send a canned response which bears little relevance to the question posed.
reknor320 wrote:... they do not list how to pay with cash, which is the only legally recognized form of payment in NZ law.
I appreciate that cash is still a legal form of currently in nz, but are you sure that the use of cheques and online payments is really illegal?