26 May - Foreign plugs banned

Irrational behaviour and incomprehensible decisions 101 - this is the place. If they're really silly, you could win a chocolate fish.* (* Highly unlikely and they're only virtual chocolate fish)

ionet
Members

Post by ionet » Tue May 26, 2009 8:27 am

_

www.trademe.co.nz/Community/SiteAnnouncements.aspx

In order to comply with New Zealand laws, items with foreign plugs may no longer be sold. This applies to items that require an adaptor to connect to a New Zealand socket.

M
Ultimate Auction Security: Kick 'em in the pants & sweep them under the carpet fast before anyone sees & hope they go away.

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Tue May 26, 2009 11:36 pm

That's a very good move from TM. Although if an item is 220v then there's
little to stop the seller fitting a NZ plug themselves.

ninjabear101
Members

Post by ninjabear101 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:29 am

I don't really see a problem with foreign plugs because I use them all the time. it works great.

Are they forcing people to buy stuff in NZ?

Probably cause company to rage about this. So many parallel importers out there that sells electronics which require a plug adaptor

ninjabear101
Members

Post by ninjabear101 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:35 am

Probably next time there'll be regulations on how many times your allowed to go the toilet or maybe the time you go out.

Plug Adaptor are something very basic that can be bought anywhere overseas. The adaptor itself is simple and basic . It won;t stop me from buying parallel imported.

Only NZ has this regulation and I find that they should spend their time catching people who sell stuff that aren't authenticate.

I mean if you bought a 110v and then fit a adaptor and plug it into a wall then your stupid and has nothing to do with the regulation.

Just have a look down queen st where there's so many stores selling imported mobiles

So you expect them to have everything sent to have it under NZ regulation?That is stupid

Noone is gonna spend money on that to have something regulated when the charger itself is of a authenticate type and have gone through regulation overseas.

I have never come across with a charger that has blown up or catch on fire. It is a very minor issue.

but I have heard mobiles blowing up in pockets because they arent using genuine nokia battery but a different random brand that you have no idea if it has gone through regulation checking.

freddobar
Members

Re: 26 May - Foreign plugs banned

Post by freddobar » Sun May 10, 2015 12:08 pm

About 2 years ago had a plug adaptor on an item catch fire. It was a 'starlight' in our daughter's bedroom bought by a family member. So yes I can see a safety issue.

Quite interested because today had an email from TM to tell me that they are not interested in people selling items with adaptors.