"Gallery Plus" bug

Irrational behaviour and incomprehensible decisions 101 - this is the place. If they're really silly, you could win a chocolate fish.* (* Highly unlikely and they're only virtual chocolate fish)

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

"Gallery Plus" bug

Post by digidog » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Recently I noticed that I’d been charged for a “gallery plus” listing, but I never checked the box for this “feature”. To be clear, I experimented with Gallery Plus several years ago and decided that it wasn’t for me. I NEVER select Gallery Plus and NEVER will. I did email TM Support at the time requesting a refund of the fee – I was ignored and didn’t even receive a courtesy response. Thanks TradeMe.

When I was checking my TM account statement today, I noticed several more charges for “Gallery Plus” listings. These were all low value auctions including some $1 reserves. When I already pay TM a 50c success fee on $1 auctions, why would I elect to pay them a further 65c and lose money on each trade? Something is seriously screwy with the TM system.

The message board has a number of other people complaining about this -- thank God I’m not the only one.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/Mess ... 8&topic=46" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/Mess ... 7&topic=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It’s not the money I’m worried about but the principle of phantom charges being levied. TM need to sort this one out quickly.

I've emailed TM again today advising them that they owe me $3.85 from their overcharging. Watch this space.

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Re: "Gallery Plus" bug

Post by digidog » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:54 am

This has to rate as the nicest response I've ever had from TM.
Hi Alfie,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that you've been charged for gallery plus where you didn't want it, I know this is frustrating. It looks like this is a bug in the system, and we've been chatting to our tech team about getting this fixed as soon as possible.

They're going to delve into the background and take care of the refunds all in one go for any members that have been affected, so please rest assured that this will be taken care of for you (and anyone else that has been affected) in the next day or two.

I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime, Alfie. If there's anything else I can help with at all, please don't hesitate to let me know.

I hope you have a lovely rest of your day.

Thanks,

Casey

Trade Me Support