Auto bidding

Post Your tips here
jaz
Members

Auto bidding

Post by jaz » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:53 pm

Hi,

Just have a question about auto bids. If the reserve of an item was, say, $50, and you placed an auto bid of up to $70, and then no one else bidded on the item, would you have to pay $50 or $70 once the auction ends?

TIA

EDIT: Hope this is in the right section, I don't know where else to put it. :?

delta
Members

Post by delta » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:57 pm

If you place an autobid up to $70 on that auction, your autobid will meet the reserve of $50, and retain your autobid up to $70.
The current bid will become $50 - yours - meeting the reserve price. subsequent bids will be immediately exceeded by your autobid, by minimum bid increments, until your autobid of $70 is reached. At close, you pay the current maximum bid. Not your maximum autobid of $70

Unless your maximaun autobid of $70 is met.
in which case your bid of $70 takes precedence over the other bidder's bid of (exactly) $70 and yours becomes the current highest bid, until someone bids higher.

And, hey, welcome to scambusters. I hope you never have to ask us to help you! (to resolve an issue where you have been scammed) 8-) But of course, that's what we're here for.

(PS - do you think you could update your location in your profile to be a little more specific - as is requested in the introductory material - ie, actual region rather than just 'New Zealand'. Thanx)
Never make a surgeon laugh when he has a scalpel in his hand.

jaz
Members

Post by jaz » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:39 pm

Wow! That was a fast reply for 1am in the morning :-P

Thanks!

P.S. Updated location

delta
Members

Post by delta » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:40 pm

We're onto it!
(Some of us don't have a day job, or, like me, work a few hours a day from home. I can be here at 3am!)
Never make a surgeon laugh when he has a scalpel in his hand.