Only $1 reserve... plus another five grand please!

Current listings & scams on TradeMe - please post cases of fee avoidance or breach of TM rules (contact details) in the "minor transgressions" area - try to stick to the subject and feel free to start a new thread if appropriate.
digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Only $1 reserve... plus another five grand please!

Post by digidog » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:33 am

This listing has hit the media with the seller running a $1 reserve auction for "the right to purchase" a 75" TV for $5000. While the listing seems pretty clear, a Christchurch buyer is complaining bitterly and insisting the trade be completed for one dollar.
Trade Me had taken some action against the seller, but would not divulge specific details.
Er, I reckon they'd be pointing out the grand scale of the fee evasion for a start. Here's the seller - Elmstone Furniture.

trader: elmstonenz
name: Robert
loc'n: Auckland

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Feedba ... er=5692740

digidog
Site Admin

Re: Only $1 reserve... plus another five grand please!

Post by digidog » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:12 pm

Sometime in the past month the Elmstone Furniture TM account seems to have been nuked.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... er=5692740

Rose1
Members
First Name: Marie

Post by Rose1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:34 am

If I have read this story aright..... when it comes to $1 reserves, Honest mistakes can be made with both Buyers and Sellers..... While there are many people out there that may try to scam people, there are many that are not. Why are many who hide behind screens here are sooo judgmental.

Um, so just how would a buyer make or force some one hand over a item of value to $5000 for $1, who then would be the thief.

There for the word FAIR as to been seen on both sides not just one side, there seems to be so many so called victims of trade crying out foul play.... the only people that can make a clear fair judgement is a real judge.

As they say always always 2 sides.

If was my car and I made a honest mistakes with the $1 reserve I would tell the buyer to go get a very good Lawyer and cry foul to them, is the only way to to be fair on all sides specially when it comes to such obvious sale mistake. Ask this fair qs, if the Seller wanted it for just $1 then would he not stay that fact? No ...the buyer saw a fault a weakens and dived in and took advantage may be?

Rose1
Members

Post by Rose1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:59 am

After over 10 yrs and owing tdme 0 nothing to any one I happier closed my own account a whole a go now. Main reason not needing the TDME way of selling things is, found FREE ways to sell, less headache with moaners.

1. The don't not show any Loyalty scheme to folk say who make them rich and who have not had any criminal activates as this state seems to focus on.

2. Staff ar into that wee trained, too of robotic or unclear versions and vague sense of the word Fair.

3. Staff can agree with you and see the real faults of TDME but staff are gagged by tdme in their contracts , as some can and do read if you are a fly by nighter or a committed members who has made faultless payments to them.

4. If you can sleep at night and know with out a shadow of doubt that all Buyers are faultless upright citizens, even though you don't know them or ever meet them face to face , them great, but when members and seems soon many Buyers to have found "loop holes" in the TDME to also try to get some thing for noting later, then tdme often cannot see that side and down care of they do, they simply want their ever increasing high fees. TDME is a very "greed driven". I will have saved sooo much since I have closed my own account \:D/ can only Celebrate.

Rose1
Members

Post by Rose1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:16 am

was for a TV not a car as I thought. Geeps go to a 2nd and hope then less headache than dealing with tdme.

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:41 am

Rose1 wrote:If I have read this story aright..... when it comes to $1 reserves, Honest mistakes can be made with both Buyers and Sellers....
I don't think you read it right. This was a blatant case of fee avoidance.

On the $1 auction the fee would have been 50c or less. On a $5,000 auction the fee would be $149. TradeMe don't like people avoiding fees in any way and this type of auction will always be pulled.

Besides, it's hard to see how this could be an "honest mistake" when the seller was knowlingly selling only the "right to buy" a $5k product. The real world doesn't work that way and neither does TradeMe.