24/7 Hosting in Christchurch

Nigerian scams, chain letters, pyramid schemes and anything not auction related.
digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Sun May 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi Dave and a warm welcome to ScamBusters. We've yet to hear a good word about 24/7 Hosting and the list of unhappy customers continues to grow. That link to the companies own "review" site is interesting. I busted these guys a couple of years ago for writing posititive reviews about their hosting services on an international hosting review site. Their reviews were taken down and they got banned from the site... so they've started their own. That's one way to try and limit the damage caused by unhappy customers, eh!

aussieguy
Members
First Name: Dave

Re: 24/7 Hosting in Christchurch

Post by aussieguy » Mon May 07, 2012 5:21 am

Hi Alfie, thanks for the warm welcome.
I've been a busy boy today! Wont go into detail but consulting my crystal ball, young Caleb is about to find himself neck deep in...

I'll send you a PM to fill in the blanks ;)

NZ Websites
Members
First Name: Bruce

Post by NZ Websites » Tue May 08, 2012 10:34 am

Now thats a conversation I'd like to listen in on!
Visit us for Low-Cost and Free website hosting, at www.webhostdirect.co.nz

nat187
Members
First Name: nathan

Post by nat187 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:08 pm

Hey guys,

so glad i did a quick google of these guys at 24/7, which found this thread.
potentially could have been their next victim otherwise, although eyebrows did raise when viewing the website portfolio,
none of he names in the websites had websites up, or if they did, they were hosted by other providers with different logo designs.

any suggestions for good quality ecommerce website design and server colocation?

keep up the good work.
nat

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Mon May 21, 2012 8:07 am

I'm glad you missed that trap Nat. I design sites but I'm flat out until the end of the year at least.

For hosting (including colocation) I'd seriously recommend Nucleus who operate servers in both Auckland & Wellington. I've hosted a lot of sites with them for years and they're as reliable as anything with a great helpdesk when you need it. I don't earn anything from referrals - but these guys are good.

Update - 2014
Nucleus was taken over by a company we no longer recommend.

If you're looking for reliable web hosting, Bruiser (one of our members) operates an excellent and affordable hosting service out of Auckland.

http://webhostdirect.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blambam
Members
First Name: Scott

Post by Blambam » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:48 am

I think I'm another sorry victim of 24/7 Hosting. A few months back I transferred some domains to 24/7 without a hitch. In fact I even received and email from Caleb (insert alias here) himself. Encourage by this I purchased a hosting package and selected the transfer website option. I provided all the required CPanel login details and it should have been an easy task. Or so I thought.

This was back in June 17. After a week, the website had not be transferred and no hosting directory provided. I have attempted to contact 24/7 through support tickets, email and unanswered calls. No response whatsoever. My current hosting provider will shortly terminate the current hosting for the site.

My enquires have led me to this forum. I wish I'd done a bit more research up front. It seems I have been scammed by a serial offender. What I don't get is how this company can continue to operate? They make fraudulent offers on their website, ie. we have a 24/7 support.. will credit $5 for any support calls not responded to within 4hrs ...and a $5 credit for posting a review. It seems none of these promises are delivered on. They take your money through an automated system and deliver nothing. I am surprised after such a history as described in this forum that they have not attracted the attention of the Commerce Commission or the police.

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi Scott and welcome to ScamBusters. I'm also amazed that Caleb is still trading because we've yet to hear a single good word about the service he offers. Can I suggest that you contact "Fair Go" - they have an ongoing interest in Caleb's lack of service and the more complaints they receive the better.

Valerie
Members

Post by Valerie » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:00 am

Are 24/7 Hosting part of FLEXIHOST ?

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:40 am

It would appear that they're still related. The man originally behind 24/7 - convicted fraudster Steve Amstad - is now the sole director and shareholder of Flexihost. I note that he's using a different address - in Belfast this time.

http://www.coys.co.nz/company/?no=34761 ... ST+LIMITED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to Companies House records Amstad was the sole director of 24/7 Hosting which was stuck of in February 2010.
http://www.coys.co.nz/company/?no=21588 ... NG+LIMITED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's hard to tell exactly who is behind 24/7 these days. Is young Callum (as featured on Fair Go) still involved? I see that having been kicked off the hosting review site for making up their own fake reviews, they've set up their own site at 247hostingreviews dot co dot nz. (You'll need to type that in yoruself as I'm not providing them with a link).

The main 24/7 site now has an "About Us" page which doesn't tell you a lot.
Since web based businesses are more often than not 'faceless' businesses - we think it’s helpful to let you know that there are real people
working behind the scenes all the time here at 24/7 Hosting. We are a company run by a small handful of staff ready and willing to help
you achieve your online goals.

You'll find that at 247hosting dot co dot nz - the about us page
So... not so faceless but still noticeably nameless.

As a public service we'd remind anyone considering trading with 24/7 or Mr Amstad that he has a history:
Judge Spear told Amstad: “I suspect there is a streak of arrogance in you, that you think you are smarter or more cunning than others
and you can get away with this type of offending.”

http://courtnews.co.nz/story.php?id=1559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

Post by Foggyone » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:38 pm

From the review site
All reviews on this website have been added by clients of 24/7 Hosting, at this stage we currently do not allow reviews from past or non-clients.
Wonder why?
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------

Valerie
Members

Post by Valerie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:16 am

Foggyone wrote:From the review site
All reviews on this website have been added by clients of 24/7 Hosting, at this stage we currently do not allow reviews from past or non-clients.
Wonder why?
Perhaps they ran out of money to pay people to write reviews :)

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:31 am

Steve Amstad has kindly advised that he owns Flexihost and that it's in no way related to 24/7 Hosting. He comments that when he owned the company "it was run properly" and I'd have to say that all of the complaints we've received relate to Calib's ownership of that business. We're still trying to clarify whether Calib owns or operates the 24/7 business.

miffedc
Members
First Name: Sam

Post by miffedc » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 pm

I'm with 24/7 at the moment but will be ditching them. No credit for an original "kind comment", no replies to tickets, tickets unanswered for months, no delivery of a promised premium service and tickets being closed with absolutely no contact or comment. They are quick to invoice but refuse to refund.

They started off well - as with most of the new customers I guess - but then just ignore you. I'm hardly a high demand user, just expect what I pay for -(and thats what I got i suppose).

peter_young
Members
First Name: peter

Post by peter_young » Thu May 09, 2013 11:33 pm

WORST piece of sh1t hosting I've ever had.
I'm waiting 9 days for my domain to go live, all my support requests are ignored, calls to the sales and support desk are never answered.
What a joke. Will take your money and not deliver on hosting.

Go elsewhere if it's not too late!

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Thu May 09, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi Peter. Your story seems to fall in line with most of the others we've heard. We certainly can't recommend 24/7 in the slightest.