Whoosh - customer service = NIL

Nigerian scams, chain letters, pyramid schemes and anything not auction related.
digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Whoosh - customer service = NIL

Post by digidog » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:57 am

Here's a little account of dealing with NZ ISP Whoosh. One of their elderly customers emailed SBs today asking for help with a TradeMe problem. I replied, but the Woosh server bounced my email saying...
This message is rejected by the Anti-Spam System. Spam-score too high : 550 11.8 spam points - Please reformat your email and send again
That was a surprise as I send around 500 emails every week from our mailserver, however I thought I'd work around Whoosh and resend the email from a different address. Another bounce... same issue. So I looked up the Whoosh phone number and gave them a call. After quite a wait the phone was answered by "Charlie". His first reaction was that his client had a problem with settings. I pointed out that his client hadn't got near my emails because the Whoosh server was interupting them first. Then he suggested that I must have a problem with my settings. What kind of fool do they have manning their helpdesk on weekends?

I pointed out that one of his customers contacted me first asking for advice. He said that because I wasn't a Whoosh customer he couldn't help. I asked if he might consider whitelisting my address. That seemed to be a foreign concept to Charlie and he said he didn't think they could. But if they could it would be something one of the techs would have to do and they weren't on duty today. I left my contact details and asked if one of their techs could contact me when they return next week.

That's awful customer service Whoosh. While Charlie sounds like he's in NZ, he gives the impression that he's out the back of a farm somewhere for all the knowledge he displayed. As much as I hate dealing with those helpdesks in Mumbai, at least most of the people there tend to have a tiny bit of internet savvy. I'm delighted that I'm not a Whoosh customer!

http://www.woosh.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

digidog
Site Admin

Re: Whoosh - customer service = NIL

Post by digidog » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:00 am

Two weeks later and we haven't heard back from Whoosh. Either the young person they employ to answer their phone in the weekends didn't manage to pass on our message, or their techs couldn't be arsed responding to it. That means we haven't been able to reply to their customer who emailed us with a TM problem.

So far that's still a big fat zero for Whoosh service. The company has my vote for NZ's least professional ISP.

digidog
Site Admin

Re: Whoosh - customer service = NIL

Post by digidog » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Unsurprisingly, if you've read the two posts above, Woosh Wireless is now in voluntary administration.
The company was founded in 1999 and has burnt through more than $100 million since then.
"Woosh hasn't been trading profitably for some time and there have been some service issues for its 2,000 customers..."
Service issues. Er yeah, right.